On October 15, two volunteer soldiers opened fire at a training area in the Russian border province of Belgorod, killing at least 11 people and injuring 15.
The Western Military District’s training facility in the province of Belgorod was the target of a terrorist attack on October 15 by two volunteer soldiers who are nationals of a former Soviet state, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.
A training session for volunteers preparing to take part in Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine is when the two suspects allegedly started shooting at the unit’s soldiers at around 10 a.m., according to the statement.
“As a result, 11 people lost their lives and 15 others suffered various degrees of injuries. The victims were brought to a hospital, “The declaration read. A shootout with security personnel resulted in the deaths of two suspects there and then.
Further information about the attack and the identify of the suspect were not included in the statement.
According to the independent Russian news website Sota Vision, the incident took place in the town of Soloti in the province of Belgorod, close to the Ukrainian border.
Oleksiy Arestovych, a counsellor to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, claimed that the two suspects, both of Tajik descent, opened fire on other people at the training area after arguing with one another.
The Russian and Tajik defence ministries have not yet responded to the report, and Military Cognizance was unable to independently verify the information.
The incident took place while Russia was assembling its reserve forces to aid in a unique military campaign in Ukraine. On October 14, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that 220,000 of the projected 300,000 troops had been recruited. 33,000 of them have been assigned to troops, while a further 16,000 are taking part in the operation in Ukraine.
“The mobilisation of the reserve forces is almost complete. Out of the 300,000 soldiers expected to be deployed, 220,000 have currently been recruited. I anticipate that the mobilisation process will be finished in the following two weeks “, declared the Kremlin’s chief.
According to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, soldiers in the reserve force, after being recruited, will receive full equipment and weapons before participating in short-term training courses at 80 training facilities across the country. .
President Putin acknowledged that there were some problems in the implementation of the order to mobilize the reservists and asked the authorities to correct the mistakes. He pointed out mistakes in the recruitment process such as sending enlistment letters to doctors, highly qualified specialists in many professions or people who are not enough to control their health, while those who do not have a call card but The request to volunteer to join the army was refused.
Russian military observers said that the nationwide recruitment effort is putting a lot of pressure on the logistics management system of the Russian army, including troop movements and ensuring rear-end equipment.