Russia’s spring conscription will take place from April to July.
TASS news agency reported that Russian President Vladimir Putin on March 30 signed a decree on mobilizing conscripts in the spring army recruitment.
“Perform military service of citizens of the Russian Federation between the ages of 18 and 27, for those who are not in the reserve forces and are eligible for military service, from April 1 to July 15, with the number number of 147,000 people,” the decree stated.
The decree also allows discharge for those who have expired military service.
Rear Admiral Vladimir Tsimlyansky, head of the main organization and mobilization department of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, said that all servicemen in this spring mobilization will serve at deployment centers. permanently in Russia, not participating in the military operation in Ukraine.
He said: “I can confirm that the plan of the General Staff does not include the second wave of reservists. The number of soldiers and volunteers participating in the current operation is enough to achieve the set goals. “.
“All conscripts will be sent on military duty at permanent deployment points located on Russian territory,” the official added. He said that one-third of the recruits will be sent to training units and facilities for up to five months to familiarize themselves with modern military equipment.
Andrei Kartapolov, chairman of the State Duma Defense Committee, confirmed that the recruits in this recruitment will not be deployed to serve Moscow’s military operation in Ukraine.
Last spring, Russia mobilized 134,500 enlisted soldiers and mobilized 120,000 recruits in the fall.
The above information comes amid speculation that Russia is preparing to recruit 400,000 more contract soldiers to supplement forces to participate in the military operation in Ukraine.
Bloomberg quoted unconfirmed sources as saying: “In preparation for protracted hostilities, Russia is looking to sign up about 400,000 contract troops this year, to supplement the force that is carrying out the military operation peculiarity in Ukraine”.
According to the source, the recruitment plan will allow Moscow to avoid another mandatory mobilization of the reserve force after recruiting 300,000 reservists last fall. However, Russian officials have repeatedly denied speculation about a new wave of mobilization.
The conflict between Russia and Ukraine lasted for more than a year but showed no sign of abating. Both sides are said to be preparing for a new attack or counterattack this spring or summer.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on March 30 that the country was discussing new measures to “get closer to victory”. “We are preparing the next steps, new measures to get closer to victory. I am constantly communicating with the commanders, intelligence leaders.”
Some experts believe that Kyiv will start to counterattack around April or May and may focus on the southern front to retake Zaporizhia and Kherson, two provinces that Russia announced in October of this last year.